problems with swish

Sarah J Barry s.j.barry at its.gu.edu.au
Mon Mar 25 22:43:40 EST 1996

        We have been running swish as a search engine for our site for some time.  However, on three disastrous occasions the swish processes got out of control.  We ended up with about 20 SWISH processes running "CPU bound" at the same time.

        The result was disastrous for the machine and the other prcesses running on it.  Our system administrator has since banned the use of swish until we can determine what caused the problem or provide a solution.  Has anybody else had this problem?  If so can you supply any solution.

        We have written to the swish site but without reply.

TIA
Sarah Barry

 Sarah Barry                             o  S.J.Barry at its.gu.edu.au
 Manager, CWIS & MultiMedia              o  webmaster at gu.edu.au
 Division of Information Services        o  phone:  +61 (07) 3 875 6439
 Griffith University, Nathan             o  fax G3: +61 (07) 3 875 7877
 Queensland 4111      AUSTRALIA          o  WWW:    http://www.gu.edu.au/