Basic Tutorials

cebrowskic at ALPHA.NSULA.EDU cebrowskic at ALPHA.NSULA.EDU
Sun Mar 17 20:32:03 EST 1996

Hi.  I was asked to summarize for the list the results of my query
regarding where to find very basic computer and WEB tutorials.  Here goes:

1.  Windows includes a basic tutorial in its software.  5-10 minutes
worth, perfect for new mouse users.

2.  Hampton Roads Central Library -- info. on learning/usinf WEB at
http://wwwp.exis.net/~cwt

3.  Georgia Center for Continuing Ed. -- Exploring the Web (not for complete
neophytes) at
http://www.gactr.uga.edu/Exploring/toc.html

4.  Created for middle-school age students learning to use the Web:
http://www.missouri.edu/~c655092/netscape

5.  An "Internet Toolbox"
http://homepage.interaccess.com/~wolinsky/jintro.htm

6.  "BCK2SKOL" Internet lesson at
http://web.csd.sc.edu/bck2skol/bck2skol.htm

I have not yet used any of these sources so do not know exactly what type of
information they provide or how they rate....

Cate

Cate Cebrowski
Reference and Library Instruction librarian
Watson Library
Northwestern State University, Natchitoches, Louisiana
(318) 357-5065
cebrowskic at alpha.nsula.edu