Netscape kiosk

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.ohiolink.edu
Fri Mar 15 08:13:22 EST 1996

I have limited access to Windows 3.1 these days, but
I've been playing around with Netscape 2.0 in kiosk mode
under Windows 95 and am a little distressed to see that
it seems to allow all control key commands.  That is:

  Ctrl-L    Open a URL
  Ctrl-O    Open a local file.  Under Win95 this
            includes the opportunity to view any file
            and launch any exectutable on your PC.
  Ctrl-M    Send a mail message (like I'm doing now,
            f'rinstance)
  Ctrl-S    Save As
  Ctrl-B    Edit bookmarks

If kiosk mode is still undocumented, this might be part
of the reason.  Please don't just throw a "-k" in your
command line and assume you've thoroughly battened the
hatches.

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu