Pasting into forms

Amy W. Graham agraham1 at swarthmore.edu
Wed Mar 13 09:39:18 EST 1996

We are finalizing a materials ordering form for our web pages.  We want to
give people the choice of filling in fields or pasting information in from
another source (online BIP, records in our consortium database).

Most people on our campus are using Netscape on Macs.  The problem occurs
when information is pasted into a text area.  For some reason, the text
being pasted is being interpreted as an extremely wide page.  As a result,
when the paste is complete, the box is empty, but the scroll bar at the
bottom of the text area is all the way to the right.  If you move it back
to the far left, the text is there as it should be.  Has anyone experienced
similar problems or have a good solution for this?

Thanks in advance for any assistance (I really don't want to confuse our
patrons or have to put up goofy messages like "move scroll bar to the far
left after pasting your citation"!)

Amy Wissoker Graham              Internet:agraham1 at swarthmore.edu
Asst. Tech. Svcs/Ref. Librarian
Swarthmore College               Fax: (215)328-7329
500 College Ave.
Swarthmore, PA  19081-1399       <http://www.swarthmore.edu/Library/AmyG.html>