ALA Discussion Group

Doris Ann Sweet sweetda at acs.bu.edu
Fri Jun 21 16:16:35 EDT 1996

The Care and Feeding of Electronic Texts and Journals

A host of management issues accompany our attempts to offer more and more
full-text electronic resources to our clientele. These include such
questions as how decisions are made to network electronic sources, how to
mount or otherwise provide access, ways to authenticate users, what kind
of bibliographic control do we provide, how do we educate users and
provide documentation, how do we handle remote reference, and what about
the "holy grail" of  single-interface access?

Join the RASD/MARS Managers in MARS Discussion Group, 4:30-5:30PM on
Sunday, July 7, at the Plaza Hotel, White & Gold A, at the ALA Annual
Conference in New York City. You will have a chance to hear how
colleagues are addressing these issues and share your own experiences and
concerns. There will also be an election for Vice Chair/Chair-Elect of
the Discussion Group.

Doris Ann Sweet
Chair, Managers in MARS Discussion Group
sweetda at bu.edu