windows and the public

Howard Pasternack BLIPS15 at BROWNVM.brown.edu
Tue Jun 18 10:15:29 EDT 1996

I guess I am confused about what the Innopac issue mentioned below is.
Innopacs running on Unix machines are reasonably secure.  Telnet access is
available to most of them.  The Innopac becomes unsecure only when
one has a userid and password as a Unix system administrator.  And icons on
windows machines for use by either the public or staff should not be doing
automatic logons as Unix administrators.

Howard Pasternack
Brown University