Digitized 35mm slides

Jim Green JFGREEN at CMS.CC.WAYNE.EDU
Thu Jun 13 14:53:32 EDT 1996

I've been asked to research the feasibility of digitizing, cataloging,
and providing WWW access to a large collection of 35mm slides.

I seek libraries that have done something similar.  I'm looking for sites
to study as potential models.  I also need information on digitizing
hardware and software, cataloging/indexing methods and software used,
and search/retrieval methods, including subject access to the collections.

If anyone can shed any light on any piece of this I would appreciate it.
Reply directly to me and I will summarize the responses to the list.  Thanks!

*    James F. Green                                  *
*    Systems Librarian                               *
*    Wayne State University/DALNET Systems Office    *
*    jfgreen at cms.cc.wayne.edu                        *
*    tel: (313) 577-6439  fax:  (313) 577-8720       *