reference service names

I. Pour-El pourel at iastate.edu
Thu Jun 13 14:06:31 EDT 1996

This may be off-topic but after getting little response on libref-l and
reading the web4lib country subscription statistics I decided to try here.

Please email your responses and (if there is interest) I will  post a
summary.

1.  What does your library call the reference desk?  That is, what does the
sign say?  Please include a literal translation of the term(s) if in a
language other than English.

2.  Are different terms used in spoken communication?

3.  What do you call your online reference service e.g. Ask a librarian?

Thanks,

---
I. Pour-El						pourel at iastate.edu
Reference and Instructional Services Librarian		515-294-1004
152 Parks Library
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011