Losing Ground? -Reply

Edward Spodick, HKUST Library, 2358-6743 lbspodic at uxmail.ust.hk
Wed Jun 12 21:07:39 EDT 1996

At 1:53 PM -0700 12/6/96, Michael Haseltine wrote:
>I heartily agree with the posting by Dan Lester and want to add a maxim that
>I hold to:
>
>"It's easier to get forgiveness than it is to get permission."

But, as has been pointed out, different people have different situations.
I agree with being 'bold' if you can, but it certainly doesn't help in
the long run if your boss is going to say "I want to throw you out the
window!" afterwards.

- - - - -
Edward F Spodick, Systems Librarian - lbspodic at usthk.ust.hk or @uxmail.ust.hk
Hong Kong University of Science & Technology Library
tel:  852-2358-6743    fax:  852-2358-1043