Frames; was Re: Students use of search engines -Reply

James D. Rubottom jr5 at ganet.net
Thu Jun 6 09:51:00 EDT 1996

I agree fully.  Even with larger monitors, screen real estate can become
cluttered very quickly.  While I also agree with the comment that we need to
include more people with familiarity with page layout and design, I would
suggest that now would be a good time to start thinking of something closer
to information presentation and design.  While I still love printed
materials, I think it would be good to begin to think outside the
limitations of print technology.

Just my two cents worth.

At 06:20 AM 6/6/96 -0700, you wrote:

>My quarrel with them is that they clutter up the small space of the
>monitor screen too much, making it hard to read things.  In addition to
>programmers and librarians, the Web needs people who are familiar with
>page layout and design, to make these new communication tools not only
>aesthetic but effective.
>
>Frances A. May
>Ft. Worth, TX

James Rubottom