SOLUTION: Browser reading nonexistent code

Leon James leon at hawaii.edu
Tue Jun 4 16:36:09 EDT 1996

Thanks to Bill Crosbie for clearing up a mystery that has been very
frustrating:

"Because of the way Netscape Navigator 2.0 and 2.01 handle Daylight Saving
Time, certain pages that change content more frequently than once an hour
may not load properly. The problem occurs when the user tries to reload the
page. If the page has changed in the last hour, Navigator, during Daylight
Saving Time, will not load the new page."

My solution in that case is to change the name of the file --
temporarily, so as to see the changes.  Then I change the name back and
hope to be able to see it the next day.

leon james