Mac Bookmark Management

Stan Furmanak furmanak at lvc.edu
Tue Jun 4 14:40:04 EDT 1996

Mary-Ellen

I'm using Netscape 2.01 on my Mac and it has built-in bookmark management
capability under the Windows/Bookmarks feature. You can order or reorganize
URLs anyway you wish, insert separators, and collect or store URLs by topic
or subject in folders. You can edit URLs to add/modify a description,
change the name (i.e. <TITLE>) or change the location
(i.e.http://[domain]/file).

Using the edit/find feature, you can search for a specific URL in the
bookmark file by name, location or description. Depending on the keywords
or search terms you put in the description, this search feature can find a
URL rather easily and quickly. The name of the URL is highlighted and you
simply press "return" to connect to the site.

See http://home.netscape.com/eng/mozilla/2.01/handbook/docs/mnb.html for
details.

Stan Furmanak
Systems and Reference Librarian