Browser reading nonexistent code

Kathryn Dudley kdudley at bgsm.edu
Mon Jun 10 13:31:09 EDT 1996

On Fri, 7 Jun 1996 jornsj at pta6000.pld.com wrote:
> I have also had this happen, specially when editing, saving, then uploading the
> file to another site.  To save time reloading a file, Netscape will use the
> memory and disk cache files.  Since the old version of the html is saved in the
> cache, Netscape will simply reload that file.  I have found that clearing these
> cache files (done from the options menu), then reloading will force Netscape to
> contact the offsite computer for the most current file.

I've had to change "Options--Network Preferences" "Verify Documents"
from "Once per session" to "Every time" to get the most current file.
There's probably a time tradeoff however.

kAThrYN dUDleY /kdudley at bgsm.edu/ Bowman Gray School of Medicine
	       http://www.bgsm.edu/bgsm/library/
	Voted "Top 5% of the Web" by Point Communications