Browser reading nonexistent code

Peter Stone p.t.stone at niss.ac.uk
Sat Jun 8 13:06:24 EDT 1996

Re:
>I have also had this happen, specially when editing, saving, then uploading
the
>file to another site.  To save time reloading a file, Netscape will use the
>memory and disk cache files.  Since the old version of the html is saved in
the
>cache, Netscape will simply reload that file.  I have found that clearing
these
>cache files (done from the options menu), then reloading will force
Netscape to
>contact the offsite computer for the most current file.

You don't have to clear the entire cache to force the reload of a page: as
the Netscape manual says:

Reload
    . If you press the Reload button while holding  down the Shift key
(Option key on Macintosh), Netscape retrieves a fresh version from the
network server regardless of whether the page has been updated (the cache is
not used).

Peter

--
Peter Stone, 8 Priory Crescent, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7 1HP,  UK
Tel/Fax +44 (0) 1273 475917       Email: p.t.stone at niss.ac.uk