Browser reading nonexistent code

Claudia Rebaza crebaza at ocean.st.usm.edu
Mon Jun 3 16:50:49 EDT 1996

Has anyone else had a problem with their browser insisting on reading a
coding error that has long since been corrected?  Last week I typed an
"a" instead of an "i" in </i> and the browser (Netscape) continues to
show the </a> in the document source even though this was corrected four
days ago.  A colleague here has run into the same problem before but we
don't know what causes it or how it can be corrected.  This error shows
up in more than one machine.

I've also sometimes had a problem where sections of the document source
blink, and the affected text does not show up on the browser.  The only
way I've been able to fix this in the past is by erasing the affected
codes and text and retyping them (sometimes more than once).  Since this
blinking may extend to a whole paragraph of source, I'd prefer not to
keep doing that :>

Does anyone know why this may be happening?