Launching Local Applications

Damon E. Jaggars DJaggars at mailbox.iona.edu
Wed Jul 31 10:50:05 EDT 1996

Hello all-

I've created a web-based interface to all of library's bibliographic
databases (both Web-based and CD-ROM).  Now I'm trying figure out how
to launch the client software from the winlocal directory (on local
machines)  from my web page.  We're running a Logicraft LAN-CD CD-ROM
server...

We've tried using LAUNCHER to launch win-batch files to launch the
LAN-CD client (to no avail...).  We've tried ot's of things...

Is anyone else doing something like this?  Has anyone had success
launcing local applications from a web page by some other method?

I'd appreciate your help.  And thanks in advance...  If I get any good
solutions, I'll post a summary to the list.

DJ
Damon E. Jaggars
Iona College Libraries
E-mail: DJaggars at iona.edu