Netscape for Windows home page quirk

Dennis Tucker dennis at ash.palni.edu
Fri Jul 26 17:47:13 EDT 1996

On Fri, 26 Jul 1996, Paul Soderdahl wrote:
> When first launching Netscape, the text loads properly as well as the first
> image or two.  The remaining images never load (and appear as broken image
> icons) and Netscape never quits being busy.  (Literally, this can go on for
> hours.)  However, if one clicks "stop" and "reload" the page immediately
> loads in toto.  Furthermore, clicking on anything away from the home page
> and returning to the home page works properly.  (In other words, Netscape
> never finishes displaying those last two images, but clearly they've been
> brought over the net ok.)

	This happens to me all the time too.  Often, I can't get our
homepage to load at all, but I can go through our server and load other
pages with no problem.  I have noticed the same thing with Mosaic, so I
thought it was probably my POJ PC.

	Like the other person responding to your post, if I have too long
"reload" does the trick.  I'm running beta 5 of Netscape 3.0 for Win 3.1
and have had lots of probablems--lack of speed, locking up, can't find
server, etc.  I keep blaming it on the POJ, but maybe not.

Dennis C. Tucker, M.A.T., M.L.S., Project Hi-Net Director
INCOLSA (Indiana Cooperative Library Services Authority)
        Phone: (317) 298-6570          FAX: (317) 328-2380
In-state WATS: (800) 733-1899       e-mail: dennis at palni.edu