netscape as ftp client was re: FTP client

Dave Lewis drlewi1 at srv.PacBell.COM
Fri Jul 26 13:12:33 EDT 1996

Thank you BillJ for correcting my mistake,

The Netscape Nav. (at least 2.0++) will act as a full
ftp client if you use

ftp://userid@amachine.adomain/apath

Netscape will prompt for a password (associated with 'userid')
and if accepted by the host will fetch whatever resource is
at 'apath.'  If it happens that apath is a directory, a
directory listing is presented.  Files may be dragged off
of the desktop onto this directory page and that file will
be  ftp 'put' into that directory (with the same name as
on the client machine).  Word is, though I haven't tried it,
that one can drag a number of files and Navigator will
perform an 'mput' of all these files.

Dave L.