Max. number of inputs in a form?

Alejandro Garza Gonzalez agarza at ci.mty.itesm.mx
Wed Jul 24 17:55:38 EDT 1996

I think the limit is not really a "number" of inputs, as much as the
total quantity of information you can send in a form... and the again,
only when you use the ACTION=GET method-- there the limit is 4kB of text.

The text is the whole URL generated by the form...

   http://www.wherever.edu/cgi/action.cgi?check1=checked...
   &check13=checked&check14=checked... etc

When you use ACTION=POST I think there's no real limit, because the
information isn't sent as an URL, but as a text file. (one long line with
the URL-encoded form information)

_alejandro garza
 ITESM Centro de Informacion-Biblioteca Monterrey
 agarza at campus.mty.itesm.mx
 http://www-cib.mty.itesm.mx/ ____ __ _ _  _    _