Which libraries using 856 field?

Kenneth Middleton kmiddlet at frank.mtsu.edu
Wed Jul 24 10:24:14 EDT 1996

Which libraries are cataloging Internet sites, and including links (via
the 856 field) to these sites from the OPAC? If you are at a library that
is doing this, could you suggest some search examples that would produce
such links. Also, are you having any unexpected problems? How did
you get administrators, catalogers, etc., interested in supporting
such a project? Although you hear a lot about this at demos for new
library systems, I don't know of any libraries (other than Fermilab) that
are actually doing it.

I've already checked the web4lib archives, and found only scattered
references to this topic. I will summarize for the list.

Thanks.
-Ken

 Ken Middleton		    Email: kmiddlet at frank.mtsu.edu
 Box 013, Todd Library	    Phone: (615) 898-2549 or
 Middle Tenn. State Univ.          (615) 898-2817
 Murfreesboro, TN 37132     http://frank.mtsu.edu/~kmiddlet/index.html