Organizing Web Information

Bill Crosbie crosbie at AESOP.RUTGERS.EDU
Wed Jul 17 15:05:22 EDT 1996

At 11:38 AM 7/17/96 -0700, Laura B. Cohen wrote:
>One point that I think should be added to this discussion
>is the fact that there is rarely such a thing as a static
>Web page. Many Web pages evolve as a matter of course, and in
>fact can be expected to change in character after the time they will
>have been "cataloged".

Another wrinkle in a similar vein....

Sites will be evolving to the point where each user sees a different page
that is dynamically assembled from a database of information in the
background.  This database can house a very diverse set of topics, or even a
broad spectrum within a more limited field of study.  The point in question
is - how do you catalog something that appears differently (perhaps
radically differently) depending on which individual is viewing the material?
Always dream and shoot higher	      |	  Bill Crosbie
than you know you can do.	      |	  Microcomputer Analyst
Don't bother just to be better than   |	  Chang Science Library
your contemporaries or predecessors.  |	  Rutgers University
Try to be better than yourself.	      |	  New Brunswick, NJ USA
	   			      |	  crosbie at aesop.rutgers.edu
	~~William Faulkner~~	      |	  908-932-0305 x114