Firewall Solutions to WWW Access

Anna Trupiano annat at palos-verdes.lib.ca.us
Mon Jul 15 16:35:26 EDT 1996

Before we go into the public arena with Internet access, we would
like to have a firewall in place.

Is there anyone willing to share an "example" of a RFP you've put
out to the various firewall providers (Could you FAX to me at
either 310-541-6807 OR 310-541-0095)?

What firewall software are you using?  And what are the pros and cons
of this software?

Are you using any type of "filter" to block access to specific
"inappropriate" addresses?  What "filter" are you using and how easy
(or not) is it to maintain?

Any additional comments or suggestions ("do's" or "do not's") would be
appreciated.

Thank you!

Anna Trupiano			annat at palos-verdes.lib.ca.us
Systems Administrator