anatomy of a netscam -Reply -Reply

Robert H. Terry rhterry at RBSE.Mountain.Net
Wed Jul 10 11:39:29 EDT 1996

This has been a very good thread of thoughts.  I recently found out that
some sites include lots of extra words in the HEAD part of HTML
documents to increase the weight of hits (i.e. using a typical searxh
engine).  Naturally, viewing the page excludes these words, unless the
source is viewed.  Thats why we sometimes get search results which have
nothing close to what was originally queried.  Didn't know if this had
been discussed before, but while the subject was scams, thought to add
this bit of information about WWW cons.

Bob Terry