First Search Login-- Clarification about security

Marc Salomon marc at ckm.ucsf.edu
Thu Jul 25 18:37:03 EDT 1996

SCHNEIDER.KAREN at epamail.epa.gov wrote:
|Another solution that works in *some* cases is to have either/or--as in, they
|can support IP authentication *or* id/password.  So you use userids and
|passwords for folks who need "other" access (telecommuters, travellers, etc.).

We've implemented this as a module for the "public domain" apache server for
Unix.  We're looking at working with the developers to integrate this
functionality into the server's native authentication/access control code.

We believe that the NCSA >= 1.5 server has this Satisfy Any functionality
already.

-marc