Win' NT, Netscape Server & Patron Authentication

Mark Ellis mark.ellis at rpl.richmond.bc.ca
Thu Jul 25 18:24:08 EDT 1996

Timothy said:

>Another idea that we are thinking about is porting PERL to the NT box.
>I heard that there is a PERL version that runs on NT.

An NT port of Perl is available at www.perl.hip.com.

If your library automation system is based on a database for which ODBC
support exists, you could query the database directly from a perl script.
Same goes for Visual Basic. This would eliminate the performance problems
associated with using a large flat file.

Mark Ellis
Computer Services Technician            Phone: 604.231.6410
Richmond Public Library                 Email: mark.ellis at rpl.richmond.bc.ca
Richmond, British Columbia