Can you connect to OpenCAT of KUN in NL?

UNIVERSITEITSBIBLIOTHEEK KU NIJMEGEN J.Verbaas at ubn.kun.NL
Fri Jul 12 04:07:35 EDT 1996

Dear colleagues,

I like to ask you a question.

Can you try to make a telnet-session to helikon.ubn.kun.nl  ?
(telnet://helikon.ubn.kun.nl)
Login name is:  popc

In an automatic login file the IP of an user is searched on country code,
first part of IP-number and allows direct login (or not) and allows access
to certain databases or not.
I've made this file anf filled it with a variety of country codes and first
part of IP-numbers.
Now I like to know if it really works.
It should be, but ...

Also, I like to know.
If you telnet to            helikon.ubn.kun.nl
and fills in as username    popc
do you get immediately into the catalogue or are you presented with another
login screen?
(You can take as a starting point also our homepage on http://www.kun.nl/ubn/)

If you are presented with another login-screen I'm interested in the
IP-number of the machine from which you have tried to make the connection.
I then can check my auto-login-file and see if it works.
And I can eventually make adjustments.
Will you please send your findings to me personally at J.Verbaas at ubn.kun.nl
Later on this year we'll start with a real WebOPC.

Thanks and greetings

Jaap Verbaas
Systems Librarian
University Library Nijmegen    (http://www.kun.nl/ubn/)