Web access to Access (now to dBase)

emiller at smtpgwy.isinet.com emiller at smtpgwy.isinet.com
Mon Jul 1 18:08:30 EDT 1996

     We are in the process of developing searchable journal lists of the
     journals used in our products, including Current Contents and the
     Science Citation Index.  We are utilizing a Web-based search engine
     (Verity) which is now a part of the Netscape Commerce Server software.

     Since I am not the programmer, I can't give you all of the details. I
     do know that we are populating a database with our data (it lives on a
     mainframe now) and that database will be searchable using the Verity
     engine.

     I can also tell you that there are other search engine resources
     available and information about them can typically be found through
     Yahoo under Computers & Internet:Internet:World Wide Web: Databases
     and Searching.  There is a lot of information out there. I only wish I
     could tell you more.

     Sincerely,

     Elisa Miller                            "Whatever you can do or
     Institute for Scientific Information    dream you can, begin it.
     3501 Market Street                      Boldness has genius, power
     Philadelphia, Pa 19104                  and magic in it."
     (215)386-0100 x 1395                                   Goethe
     emiller at isinet.com
     URL - http://www.isinet.com