Web access to Access Database

lHassett lHassett at dwebb.llu.edu
Mon Jul 1 15:50:16 EDT 1996

     Has anyone out there created a database in Microsoft Access and
     successfully made it searchable from their webpage?

     The database was made in Access version 2.0 for Windows 3.1.  It is
     set up as a runtime version, meaning it doesn't need the main Access
     2.0 application to run.

     The database is of our journal title holdings (we currently don't have
     any other automated system for this) and is set up to do searches on
     title, keyword, and subject fields.

     I have looked around some for solutions (script libraries, Microsoft's
     Web page on Access).  Exactly how to make this connection work is
     still not clear to me.

     Anybody ever done this?  Or, any tips on what online or print sources
     I could go to for specific answers?

     Your help and ideas are much appreciated.

     Thanks.

     Leslie Hassett, Librarian
     Loma Linda University