URL for SUNY Morrisville College Library has changed!!

Erik Jul jul at oclc.org
Tue Jan 30 13:00:17 EST 1996

Wilfred Drew (Call me "Bill") said:

> The URL for the SUNY Morrisville College Library has chaged to:
>
>     http://www.snymor.edu/pages/library/

[text deleted]

> We ... had to reorganize the server directory structure.

How many times have you seen messages like this?  Wouldn't it be nice if
you never saw another one?

Using PURLs (Persistent URLs), Mr. Drew could reorganize his server
directory structure without needing to change the PURL.  He wouldn't need
to make this announcement, and we wouldn't need to update every instance
of the URL.

Of course, 'tis better that Bill announce his URL change than not, but better
still that he get a PURL.

To find our more about PURLs or to get one (or more) for yourself, please
visit http://purl.oclc.org.

--Erik

Erik Jul
jul at oclc.org