Translating to HTML from Word Processors

David L. King dlking at ocean.st.usm.edu
Fri Jan 26 15:59:50 EST 1996

> > Is there an easy way to convert files created in a word processor
> > into html files?  I have several documents that I had originally
> > typed on MacWrite Pro and MSWord(on a Mac) which I now would like to
> > post on my homepage.

> One way is to use rtftohtml, which relies on files saved as RTF. Here
> are a few URLs to get you started (from a Lycos search):

Another way to do this, depending on what you're going for, is to turn
the document into ascii text - from there, it's easy to transfer them to
your html document.

Or, if you're using an html editor on the mac, just "cut and paste" your
document into the html document, and then put in the appropriate html
code. At least, this works in windows.

			David King
			Electronic Services Librarian
			University of Southern Mississippi