Scanners

Teaneck Public Library teaneck at soho.ios.com
Fri Jan 26 15:40:57 EST 1996

Hello,
        Concerning scanners our public library is expecting a grant which
will pay for
an HP Flatbed 4C.  HP has a good scanner reputation so I would suggest them,
not to mention the $$$ is reasonable.  We will use our scanner to create a
multimedia-hypertext
Virtual Village for our patrons.  Too long to go into now, basically we will
have the capability to scan in our towns memorabilia, census data, etc. and
cross referenece it with hypertext.
I hope this helps!
Cynthia
Teaneck Public Library
_____

We need to buy a good scanner plus OCR software.
I have read in the last PC Computing that the best OCR is OmniPage Pro.
Concerning scanners I have read about the HP Scanjet 3C, that might soon
be replaced by a new version.
I would like to know what scanners you use in your libraries, and for
what specific purposes.
Thank you very much for your help.

Maria Eugenia Gomez
European Southern Observatory