automating CGI logons

Ghost in the machine nkchang at tpts1.seed.net.tw
Wed Jan 24 19:41:48 EST 1996

Hi! friends in Web4Lib...and Kerry.

     Can you tell me which kind of HTTPD are you using??
     Because most of the httpds(like NCSA,CERN,Website or etc) provide
a access control function, that means you can create a homepage and add the
access control on this page in your configuration file(like httpd.conf)
     Then when a user wanna to access this page, they need to provide
password or that will see a Access denied sign.
     But this is not like telnet....8-)...You cannot provide "never see the
name or password" function. Maybe Java could.

				Nick Chang-----nkchang at arc.org.tw
				Web developer and library volunteer
				American Resource Center, Taiwan