automating CGI logons

Kerry BOUCHARD at LIB.IS.TCU.EDU
Wed Jan 24 12:48:46 EST 1996

    We have a number of options on our public access menus that connect to
commercial databases that require a name/password for access.  When these
sites use Telnet connections, we are able to automate the logon process using
C-Kermit scripts, so our users never see the name and password.
    Is there any way to do this with WWW servers that run a CGI script to ask
for a name and password?  Do we need to set up a CGI script on our server to
feed the info to the remote server? -- if so, how does this work?

                 Thanks,
                      Kerry Bouchard
                      Automated Systems Mgr, Mary Couts Burnett Library
                      Texas Christian University
                      K.BOUCHARD at TCU.EDU