Cake

emiller at smtpgwy.isinet.com emiller at smtpgwy.isinet.com
Wed Jan 24 09:30:42 EST 1996

          I sent this response to the first person who inquired as to
          the measurement of a "stick" of margarine.  Since I received
          several other inquireies of the same nature, I thought I
          would simply post this to the list.

          One person did inquire as to the possibility of converting
          this to a low fat recipe and my response is this: I have
          been over-fat all of my life and I spend most of my time
          trying to figure out how to reduce the fat and sugar in most
          of the things I cook.  I don't mess with this recipe, I just
          don't eat much of it...kind of a little treat that goes with
          my newest philosophy of not dieting...in the past, if I
          couldn't have it, you can be sure it was all I wanted. Now
          that it's okay to have some (although not alot) I don't
          crave nearly as many things......

          Catherine,

          A stick of margarine is 1/4 pound (they sell it here four
          sticks to a pound in a package).  Crisco is simply vegetable
          shortening. This is often found in cans, but is now
          available in sticks, too (at least it is around here).
          Powdered sugar must be what you call "icing sugar" as it is
          not the granular type but the kind used in making frosting
          or sprinkled on cakes or desserts as a decoration because it
          looks like snow.

          Hope this helps.  It is a wonderful recipe (in fact I am
          making it tonight for a meeting tomorrow).

          Have fun,

Elisa Miller                            "Whatever you can do or
Institute for Scientific Information    dream you can, begin it.
3501 Market Street                      Boldness has genius, power
Philadelphia, Pa 19104                  and magic in it."
(215)386-0100 x 1395                                   Goethe
emiller at isinet.com
URL - http://www.isinet.com