A Problem on CGI

s95005b56 at ntuvax.ntu.ac.sg s95005b56 at ntuvax.ntu.ac.sg
Mon Jan 22 01:17:09 EST 1996

Dear Friends:

We are now developing a WWW-based travel information system using CGI
programming. On the first page, we want users to input their names and
passwords in order to build their own profiles and go to their sessions
respectively. However, We have problem of the password we have to trace
along when the user is using our system as CGI are said to be "stateless"
therefore we have difficulty passing information from one session to
another and at the sametime to track whether he is the same user. Can anybody
give suggestions on this problem?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Jane
====================================