job description

alan_j at supvax.sls.co.uk alan_j at supvax.sls.co.uk
Mon Jan 22 04:22:45 EST 1996

<<...a feature that I feel very
strongly about is a mail option where people can directly submit
a reference question to our reference staff.  This in my opinion is no
different than a reference question over the phone (a type of question
that we frequently are faced with).  It deserves just as much attention
and is just as valid!>>

Having received your enquiry by Web/e-mail you should also be alive to the
possibility of delivering on-line search results (privately) over the Web. Done
properly there is a huge amount of added value compared to the raw search
results. For a demo see:

http://www.datatext.co.uk/ti/

Alan Jackson