Web Management

Suzanne Wilson swilson at titan.iwu.edu
Fri Jan 19 15:46:19 EST 1996

We are a small university with approximately 1900 students and are presently in the process of developing a university wide WWW site.  An outside source is going to help us with the initial phase of designing and getting our Web site active.  We are trying to determine how much time and resources it will take after the site is up to keep it current and functional.  I'd appreciate input from anyone who has already gone through this process.

	Did the university have to hire more staff?

	What department/s took over responsibility for the web site?

	Was the work incorporated into existing staff?

	How demanding are the day to day responsibilities of keeping the site current?

 	Do all the changes flow through one central location or are the departments responsible for
	their own areas?

I'd appreciate any other information that you might find helpful.

Thanks,

Sue Wilson
swilson at titan.iwu.edu
Info. Sys. Coordinator