Reminder: ALA Managers in Mars

Jennifer Heise, Information Waitress jahb at Lehigh.EDU
Fri Jan 19 16:59:54 EST 1996

Weaving our Webs: Managing Library Home Pages

As libraries become publishers of home pages on the WWW, all sorts of
questions arise about how to organize the effort.  What staff are
involved in development and maintenance?  Are support staff involved?
What about staff from technical services and from the computer center?
Who is in charge?  Is involvement voluntary or required? Any readjustment
(or shedding?) of other activities to make time for this one?  How are
decisions about scope or format made?  How much time is being spent on
home page development and maintenance?

Join the Managers in MARS Discussion Group, 9:30-11:00AM on Sunday,
January 21, at ALA Midwinter in San Antonio, to find out what colleagues
are doing and share your own experiences.  The discussion will take place
in the Convention Center, River Room B.

Jennifer Heise, Reference Dept. Net: jahb at lehigh.edu    Tel:(610)758-3072
Fairchild-Martindale Libraries #8A,  Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA 18015
My opinions are my own. No one else would HAVE them anyway.

Thought for the day: If humans are specially good in this life, do they get to
be dolphins in their next incarnation?