Electronic reserves via web

Emily R Hurn hurn at library.umass.edu
Thu Jan 18 17:43:14 EST 1996

Here at UMass, we are beginning to explore methods of delivering
electronic reserve materials.  Has anyone used (or considered using) a
web server to do this?  It would seem to have the advantage of not being
platform-specific, and, compared to some other methods, relatively easy
in terms of getting the documents ready.  I'd be interested in hearing
thoughts on the pros and cons of this, and especially any major
drawbacks that haven't yet hit us between the eyes.  If anyone is using
other ways of mounting electronic reserves, I'd be interested in your
comments on those, too.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Emily Hurn
Emily R. Hurn                  Internet Information Services Librarian &
W.E.B. DuBois Library          Five College Libraries' System Coordinator
University of Massachusetts    E-mail: hurn at library.umass.edu
Amherst, MA 01003              Voice: Desk:(413)545-6892/Messages:(413)545-0074