Where to post Lib.Automation ads?

R124C41 at aol.com R124C41 at aol.com
Wed Jan 17 21:37:58 EST 1996

While we are on the *subject*, what about Library Directorships?

The Nicholls Libraries, two going on three separate facilities in the town of
Naperville, IL USA, is looking to hire a new Director, the previous one
having left for a library in California.

I have the job description but it is very lengthy and I hesitate to post it
to lists for which it isn't appropriate (this one?).

It's an interesting position and I would love it if the new Director put the
Library on Internet (at least made the web available for patrons, which they
haven't done).  But it has its share of "challenges"--not the least of which
is the fact that it is funded by the city and not a separate taxing
authority...so you have to convince the mayor and the city council that
additional funds beyond bricks and mortar are needed.

Any suggested Library Lists?

--David Ritchie
--Naperville, IL USA
--R124C41 at AOL.COM