Web Based Interlibrary Loan systems

Calarco, Pascal calarcop at medpo1.med.yale.edu
Thu Jan 4 17:03:00 EST 1996

I have been developing html forms for public services in the Yale
Medical Library here.  They are still in a state of flux (changing
weekly), but are for the most part, in working shape.  The largest
task I have coped with has been establishing what validation
staff members and users would like/accept -- and this primarily
takes place within the perl scripts.  I can offer some of my
insights in the design process, if people are interested.

The URL for all of our forms:

http://www.med.yale.edu/library/services/forms.old.html

The scripts:

http://www.med.yale.edu/library/cgi-bin/

As of now, each form is handled by a separate script, although
I am working on rewriting the scripts to be modular (ie subroutine
much of the commonly used code), and more portable.

Pascal V. Calarco, MLIS
IAIMS Assistant
Cushing/Whitney Medical Library
Yale University