What to charge?!

Beth Anderson, Fermilab Systems Librarian BETH at fnlib.fnal.gov
Wed Jan 3 17:43:03 EST 1996

Date sent:  03-JAN-1996

I've been asked to do six 1-hour training classes on "Intro to the Web"
by a local non-profit organization.  These classes would be more or less open
to the public, non hands-on, for about 40-50 people.  Yikes!  The organization
will be charging the attendees $10-$12 per class.

My question, however, is what should I charge?  My credentials are pretty good;
I've got an MLS with 6+ years experience as a systems manager/librarian; I'm
the Webmaster and system manager for our library now with knowledge of VMS,
Unix, DOS, Windows & MAC.  What's fair?  I'm not in this for the money, but
they are offering to pay me for my time.  I'm located in the Chicago suburbs.

Thanks for any ballpark figures.  You may reply to me directly if you're more
comfortable.

-
Beth F. Anderson
beth at fnlib.fnal.gov