Web Based Interlibrary Loan systems (fwd)

Mary V. Payne gpye at texas.net
Wed Jan 3 12:46:56 EST 1996

>For those of you who are new to interaction with large electronic mailing
>lists such as Web4Lib, you should know that postings such as these which
>merely say "me too" or "let me know the results" should never be posted to
>the discussion itself. They should be directed to the *individual*
>instead.

On the other hand, if so many posts didn't begin or end with "send answers
to me not to the list, maybe people wouldn't feel the necessity of posting
these "me, too" messages.

>It may do us all some good if we keep in mind that this list is comprised
>of about 2200 individuals around the world, most of whom are quite busy
>people. The more we can keep this discussion pithy, on target, and
>substantive the more we will all enjoy participating in it.

Discussion is two-way, and includes answers as well as queries.

Thanks,
>Roy Tennant
>Web4Lib Owner

Ginger Payne, Electronic Resources Coordinator
San Antonio Public Library
600 Soledad,  San Antonio, TX 78205
 210-207-2628  E-Mail gpye at texas.net