Visually Impaired Station

Pat Taylor TAYLORP at uthscsa.edu
Tue Jan 2 10:15:02 EST 1996

                       Subject:                               Time:8:50 AM
  OFFICE MEMO          Visually Impaired Station              Date:12/28/95

We are in the process of upgrading Windows 3.1 to Windows for Workgroups
3.11.  We have a station designated for the Visually Impaired
that is an 8MB 386 with a Paradise SVGA card.  It was previously set up with
a barely stable version of Windows with VGA resolution and running 8514 for
the oemfonts.fon, fixedfon.fon and fonts.fon giving a large clear text in the
applications we are using.  A clean new installation of WFW3.11 will not
allow me to use that same setup-it just hangs or gives a can't find the 8514
drivers error.  I've tried it a number of times and ways with no success.  I
did find that a Paradise driver using 640x400 resolution was close but still
significantly smaller.  We're not wedded to this setup but do need that or
equivalent font size.  Any suggestions about the best and/or most cost
effective way to run this station to meet our needs would be a great help.
TIA.

Pat Taylor, Systems
Briscoe Library, UTHSCSA
taylorp at uthscsa.edu