WWW made EZ?

Carole Leita leita at netcom.com
Thu Feb 29 16:01:16 EST 1996

> Is there some kind of basic "How to use the WWW" kind of document out
> there somewhere that we can put up on our pages for folks who are not
> really too technically advanced or familiar with computers or the
> internet?
>
> Jeff Curtis

The Library of Congress maintains a great list of Internet Guides and
Tutorials for people at all levels of the learning ladder.

http://lcweb.loc.gov/global/internet/tutorial.html

My favorite beginner's guide among the cornocupia listed there - for
librarians just starting out - "BCK2SKOL": The Electronic Library
Classroom 101, by Ellen Chamberlain.

We've done a beginner's tutorial for our public Internet access computer
users at the Berkeley Public Library that you might want to take a look
at:

http://www.ci.berkeley.ca.us/bpl/files/gettings.html

Carole
Carole Leita, leita at netcom.com
Internet/Reference Librarian, 510-644-6100 ext.313
Berkeley Public Library, 2090 Kittredge St., Berkeley CA 94703