HTML -> >- Printed Copy

Steve Harding harding at nas.nasa.gov
Wed Feb 28 10:38:30 EST 1996

>     MICROSOFT EXTENDS TRUETYPE FONTS TO THE WEB, ENABLING RICHER WEB PAGES
>
>    Forty Industry Leaders Including Hewlett-Packard, Macromedia and Oracle
>       Support Solution Based on Industry-Standard TrueType Technology
]...[

> Lord, it's not enough that I have to strain to read pink type
> on chartreuse backgrounds, now it's going to be in weird
> typefaces too!
> Well, maybe there will be a Turn Off Fonts option.

One can only hope that TrueType is for client and not server.  Let's hope
we are not returning to the early days of DTP, when neophytes felt that if
one typeface was good, twelve were better (and usually in the first
paragraph).

People seem to forget that we are in the information business.  Present the
info in a forthright manner.  Let the readers format it in whatever way that
makes it easier for them to read (and hopefully comprehend).