Netscape 2.0 / Win95 /Postscript Problems

Rod Miller rmiller at wyld.carl.org
Fri Feb 23 14:47:48 EST 1996

I have encounted what appears to be a serious "bug"
with Netscape's Navigator 2.0 version.  I have
searched the Netscape Support site trying to locate
any information, and nothing.

This is the problem:  When viewing any form, netscape
mail's client--basically any user-input form/field --
the font display goes nuts, and and attempt to
type will display only a few characters.

I am using Windows95, and I do have postscript printer
dirvers loaded on the same workstation.

Has anyone else witnessed this?

I was using one of the beta versions (can't recall which),
of Navigator at one time, and did not see this problem
at all.  Then I downloaded n32e20.exe and now I can't
seem to shake this problem.  I have tried tweaking the
character encoding, fonts, you name it...no change.

I have even removed my Postscript print driver.  Still nothing.
Is there something in editing the Windows 95 registry that
I should  target.  Any clues, guesses.

I've gone back to the 16bit version, and do not suffer the
same problem.  Also Mosaic 32bit 2.0 works just fine!
I told that to Netscape, too, but thus far it doesn't seem
to have motivated them the least bit in responding to my
bug report.

Rod Miller
Wyoming State Library
rmiller at wyld.carl.org