Searching your pages...

John Millard millarj at lib.muohio.edu
Mon Feb 19 11:53:35 EST 1996

Several people have requested the perl script I mentioned last week.  To
save bandwidth, I've added the script to my webpage at url:
http://www.lib.muohio.edu/~millarj/scripts/

In addition, some have asked how it differs from wwwwais which is often
used as a swish gateway.  I started out with wwwwais, but I needed to be
able to search specific html tags (like comments).  wwwwais wouldn't let
me do that even though Swish supports it on the command line.  Since I
didn't know c, I decided to rewrite the gateway in Perl and include that
functionality.

Feel free to use, modify, and enhance as you see fit.  It was written
mostly on a sleepless weekend, so it's far from perfect.  With that
disclaimer, Enjoy!

John
: : John Millard                                                : :
:o: Electronic Information Services and Instruction Librarian   :o:
: : Miami University                                            : :
:o: Oxford, OH                                                  :o:
:o: http://www.lib.muohio.edu/~millarj/                         :o: