ILL forms on Web

William Oldfield wroldfie at library.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Feb 15 08:04:33 EST 1996

Before I start talking about what happens in the ILL department I should
ask :-)

I finally did and they do not check the validity of a user.  The form
requires a student ID , etc.  If some information is missing on the form
they will check the user out to find what's missing.

>On Tue, 13 Feb 1996, William Oldfield wrote:
>
>> The security offered by the .htaccess file stops the world from using our
>> ILL service.
>>
>> If a person comes into the Library and uses our Electronic form (which we
>> prefer) or fills out a paper ILL request, they must be valid users or our
>> ILL departemnt does not fill the order.  I am sure that any ILL department
>> checks to see if a borrower is a valid user before working on the order and
>> the electronic submission method is no different.
>> I believe our ILL Department checks the email address, does a finger on the
>> student or checks our patron database to verify the borrower information.

William Oldfield (Networked Information Research Associate)
University of Waterloo Library            Phone: (519) 888-4567 Ext. 2461
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1         Email: wroldfie at library.uwaterloo.ca
UWELib:   http://www.lib.uwaterloo.ca/
Homepage: http://www.lib.uwaterloo.ca/~wroldfie/home.html