Scope of WEB4LIB

Roy Tennant rtennant at library.berkeley.edu
Tue Feb 13 19:16:17 EST 1996

The stated purpose of Web4Lib has not varied since it's inception:

"The Web4Lib electronic discussion exists to foster discussion of issues
relating to the creation and management of library-based World-Wide Web
servers and clients."

As those of you who have been on the discussion for a while know, I allow
the subscribers quite a bit of latitude in helping to define the
discussion. I like to keep my intervention limited to clear-cut cases of
spamming or completely off-the-wall postings (no, I'm not talking about
you, I'm referring to the incident we had a while ago of someone posting
compressed image files of naked women).

Anyone who has any questions regarding the proper scope of the list, the
commands to use or the address to which to send them, who is in charge,
or what someone posted last month, is welcome to visit the discussion Web
page which I will re-announce in its new (and let's all pray, final)
location in a moment. Thanks,
Roy